OLD Anyone playing Minecraft these days?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I been screwing around with 1.10 modding and such. There is enough to make some interesting packs but nothing massive like. More like our old adventure servers and such.

Anyways just wondering if anyone been into Minecraft these days.

2. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Member

Sort of. I was playing around with some 1.8 and 1.10 mods in personal test packs. Playing a badly made 1.7.10 pack on a friend's server but it is dying due to lack of player activity.

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Eh seems to be the thing now. I would be happy if 4-5 people be interested in playing but it's not going to happen. With Mojang pumping out patches their now hurting modding badly.

4. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Member

Yeah the lightning fast updates are annoying. It wouldn't be too bad if FTB put their foot down and said "All FTB packs for the next year will be 1.9 (or 1.10) and if your mod isn't that version it won't be in our packs" as that would cause a brief island of stability (though human nature being what it is there would be backlash). I'm not an FTB fan boy, I really dislike some of the things about their packs but they are the organization with the most pull in the modding community.

I'm curious about the API for MCPE that will be released at Minecon.

5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I worry it will be something weak like no scripting or dll injection or something silly. But will see. Keep me in the loop if you can. I can't pay attention to minecon without slicing my wrists lol.

I would agree though if FTB put their foot down. Would save modding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.