Empyrion 24/7 Survival Server Online!

Discussion in 'Empyrion' started by Kane Hart, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Current Status: Online
    Server IP: 192.226.232.225
    Current Version: Alpha 2.0.*

Server is online for everyone. It's a PvE Server enjoy :)

Thread Updated 5/25/2016

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. vincent imbeau

vincent imbeau New Member

Empyrion server is offline.
    when is he going to be online?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Booting up now sorry about that.

vincent imbeau likes this.
  4. vincent imbeau

no prob thanks

Kane Hart likes this.
  5. vincent imbeau

Hi Kane =) server need update Empyrion come version 4.2.0244 all player take update. Actually imposible to connect server.Have i nice day friend =)
    Relic24

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  6. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sure taking down now for the update.

7. vincent imbeau

WoW you are so fast StoneL├ęgion server rules =)
    Tanks

8. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Thanks enjoy friend :)

9. vincent imbeau

hi Kane the server need another update v :4.2.1.0247 tanks for all you rule =) cya

10. Runeshadow

Runeshadow New Member

Hello!

I and my faction, Metallicus and Faber [MAF] are seeking a new home for our showroom. We wish to establish something like an in-game version of the Steam workshop. So, if the Steam workshop equates to an online-only type of shopping, our showroom would be like going to a Factory Outlet.

If you have seen the workshop of Zero G or my own, this is the theme we are pursuing. That the workshop is a store, a real design firm making products for real customers.

If successful, we further hope to establish a community of artisans who would display their latest works. The idea is to have a place where visitors to our Steam Workshops could come and see things in person.

We plan to arrange VIP visits, test rides, and PVE Combat demonstrations for potential clients. Even if a builder is not logged in, a visitor could tour the base and look at ships, much as they would at a car-lot after hours or on a Sunday.

This could take time to develop. We have many good builders as friends, some have already expressed interest, but we would like to have a proof of concept before we present the proposal to everyone, or post it on a Steam forum.

Comments and ideas welcome and appreciated!

Kane Hart likes this.
  11. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sounds like such a cool idea. I will have to admit though I don't sadly think anyone who plays Empyrion visits this site much though. But I think it would be really exciting to see.

You could claim a planet and have a space port on one the main starting planets and faerie them over.

Runeshadow likes this.
  12. Runeshadow

Runeshadow New Member

Hi Kane, thanks for the support! I got started on your server and everything works great. I met a couple of your established players, and saw a couple new ones come on. Professional is the word I would use to describe the players in comparison to the many, many PVP servers I have tried.

My main concern is not "lagging out" your server with tons of structures that are mainly eye-candy. My plan is to have no more than one base per playfield, one sv, cv, etc.

Perhaps, after some more optimization, we will be able to load up the playfields. On my former server, we were asked to keep our fleets down to as few vessels and bases as possible. I was never clear if they meant per playfield or for the whole server...

Kane Hart likes this.
  13. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I think each playfield runs its own instance. So if you want to lag one playfield or less lag but spread them around. To me its have fun and will see what we can do when the time comes :)

Runeshadow likes this.
  14. Prayr

Prayr New Member

Hello Kane and Runeshadow,

I was just passing through looking at servers and saw your posts and I must say you caught my attention with your idea. I would like to see this in action on this server or any other that it is available.

I love the RP concept in open world games, the economy and supply / demand supply lines always have been something that fascinates me in virtual worlds.

I will keep an eye on this idea and see where it goes.

Runeshadow likes this.
  15. Runeshadow

Runeshadow New Member

Hello, we have a player who has lost a ship behind the pole barrier. I believe it is possible with the new admin tools to find that ship, ID it and possibly move it back into the playfield. Kane, you can hit me on Steam if you want, I can't get my steam chat to open up to PM you. I'd love to help out on there, even be an admin if you need the help. Cheers!

16. Runeshadow

Runeshadow New Member

Hello,

No rush or worries, but I noticed the server has not updated to the latest version.

I have a very good start, 2 bases and a few vessels. I'm at the point where I would like to start asking some of my friends to come over and give it a try. These players are quite popular on the workshop and would most likely bring many more players in than I could ever hope to.

Cheers!

17. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Updated to 1.7.2 sorry for the delay.

Runeshadow likes this.
  18. Runeshadow

Runeshadow New Member

Thanks for updating. We are seeing some new player on there now, and a few of my old friends from the official server.

I had a couple beginner's questions about servers in general.

Sometimes the meteors stop falling. Is that related to the "server restart" time that I see in the right-side info box on the server list? The meteors seem to slow down at night and then reset each morning.

Is there a automatic resetting of some POIs or do you do that manually? I noticed last night that Aitus had a few POIs active, including the drone base. I took out that base and got the epic sniper :D

Finally, Do you plan a complete wipe after the Alpha 2.0 drops soon? One of the big-name server is planning on it. I know they are updating the game engine, and changing how the terrain deco objects are rendered.

Cheers, and thanks a lot for providing this awesome PVE server!

19. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I have no clue how Meteors work besides that they increase if you remove all the ore from the world.

There is no POI resetting would not even know how or doubt have time to do it by hand.

I was not planning on doing a reset unless needed.

Runeshadow likes this.
  20. locrin1976

locrin1976 New Member

Server shows online but can't join it.