OLD Future of Minecraft. Modded Minecraft and No Wipe Servers Are Here!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I highly recommend watching the video. I think a lot of you guys called this Kane's rent videos. In a way they did good sometimes I might have brushed people away but it has been many years and I think you will find this a very interesting video to listen too.

Please consider taking 18 Minutes and listening.

Mods and Mod Suggestions:
    http://stonelegion.com/threads/building-a-new-pack-1-7-10-looking-for-suggestions.2707/

tl;dr
    • Modded 1.7.10
    • No Wipes
    • Industrial Server Goals (Cities, Big Builds, etc)
    • No Item ID's meaning 1.8 1.9 etc is possible
    • Use Builder, AE2, and other mods to move projects from old stale worlds to new ones as time goes on if desired by the community.
    • More Updates, More community interaction
    • Videos and lots of them. Kane's Update Series videos not just let's play but exploring updates on players cities etc.
    • One major goal to bring the entire community together. SL City!
    • Advertising, On mod sites, ftb, curse forums, videos, etc.
    • New Servers and Multiple Servers!

So what is this whole idea?
    The idea is to provide a stable 1.7.10 server that will not be wiped and that will not get boring and stale. The main ways to solve this is actually announce a no wipe world. Meaning we put our foot down and we are not going to be creating any new Modded Minecraft servers nor will we take this on down.

We also stop running Vanilla servers for example. We keep splitting our community up every time there is a update or just new server. Will do small temp servers for fun for example 1.9 Might hit and some cool things we like to try out. They will be the very short term try it out legit like experience.

We also want to encourage players to do community projects. Like Godcraft City I think be great if we did something like SL City. I know Bagline has his own big underground hell layer he also like to make. I think in a Modded Server that would look amazing with all the blocks.

What happens when 1.8 or say 1.9 comes out?
    We update... We don't have Block id's anymore so there is no need to not upgrade. If there is a mod missing as in not being update anymore we just move on. Blocks are easily removed and added now into minecraft. You even have mods to generate new ores into the world as well. So let's say some reason Industrial Craft never updates again and we used their Copper and Tin Generation. Game Over? NOPE... We can actually regenerate Tin and Copper on the fly from another mod and repopulate the planet. Sure a mod that we might used for some building blocks might die or not exist anymore. But we got so many tools to easily fix and update project and restore them that it would take days to fix. Better then losing a project you spent months on.

What happens if the world is ruined or we want new generation?
    Depending on what the overall player want we can move our projects to a new world. This can be done with BC Builders that have been rewritten. AE2 actually has a way to take chunks of the world and zap it into digital storage and re-materialize elsewhere. Here it is: http://ae-mod.info/Spatial-Containment-Structure/ There is also other mods that would easily help you with this proccess plus more that could come in the future.

So the idea is we setup a new world slowly move things over there then when we are ready we can take down the old world. To prevent lag etc we can also visit players land using Opis and shutdown their machines etc. Remove chunk loading devices and really start fresh but not start fresh. For people who want 100% fresh experience for themselves they can leave things behind or start somewhere new on the new world and bring things over late.

What about Updates, Advertising, Youtube, etc?
    So what will be doing is more frequent updates. Not daily but will be slowly progressing on updates overtime. This will keep us on the ball make sure we are updating and keeping bring a fresh amount of content to the community. This might also include adding new mods that might be requested overtime by the community.

Advertising and Youtube is our biggest project. I plan on not just doing a Let's Play Series of the server but also Update videos. Rather then calling them Day 1 of Stone Legion I think I have decided to call them Update #1 Update #2 etc. This will be things like news, to showing off projects, to announcing new community events and projects and much more. Consider it sort of a Paper but more tv news but with a lot less effort ;)

Will also be advertising on Curse Forums, FTB Forums, Other Forums even Tekkit that support misc Servers, then even the many Mods we use have server forums so will use those also to advertise like IC. We will also of course get a lot of advertising just through our Youtube videos and will try to encourage others to post in these threads but also try making some videos.

New Dedicated Servers?
    We made a deal to get 3x Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 with 32gigs of ram and 3x 120gig SSD's. yes that is 96 Gigs of ram total and 9 x 120gig sdd's... Now this will be split up into 3 groups. Minecraft will have it's own server as well as any smaller game servers. The websides as in fansites, SL, GC, etc will have it's own. Then Stardale my entire future will be it's own server. The 2 servers will be more then double our ram and CPU power and we can use the web server also for game servers. In the end it means we are going have lots of hardware and more power.

Also we tested it the new server has better ping world wide less packet loss world wide and is located in Canada meaning a bit more stable infrastructure.

Donations!
    They mean everything to us. Right now we consider our running costs about $200 a month. This is for servers and software licenses even though their really not even calculated into the price.
    Your $15 part time or full time means a lot to us. It's nothing from you and it's the cost of a movie ticket once a month.

Please consider supporting as it helps me not have to fork as much my money to it. Please note even if everyone stopped donating I would still keep things going. I love this community you guys are sort of like my family and I would try to keep things going.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. Industrialbass

Industrialbass Supporter

• Supporter
    about how long till launch

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I don't have a ETA but I actually been working on this for a week or so. Feel free to suggestions mods and such. Though we are keeping a few of the taxing ones out mainly Galacticraft. I love the mod but the amount we actually utilize it and how bloated it is just not worth it. I like to keep dimensions mods to a minimum for obvious reasons.

4. Industrialbass

Industrialbass Supporter

• Supporter
    my only request will probably be voted down by every other member.....
    Creeper sdamage blocks... Please
    it always ads soo much to the strategy of building and challenges. but every single modded online server i have seen disables it because it can create disasters with huge automated systems when a creeper blows up the wrong pipes.

5. SesChaser

SesChaser New Member

Well I agree with your's but how about in claims/towny its turned off :p

But I wanted to ask could I possibly do a lets play on this for youtube? Im a small youtuber and have been looking for a good lets play and I must say this has peeked my interest! I hope I get permission (I always ask just to be safe :p) So Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!

6. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    For sure friend. I actually always encourage people to record videos.

Not sure about your comment on towny. I'm actually using Forge Essentials I work close with the devs and will have a claim system so you can protect your land if you like.

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I'm not sure if creeper block damage was on the last server. I feel like might been on the last couple even. But no matter what I don't see why not. We have so many mods that provide protection from mobs so if someone wants to protect their large creations they can use the methods.

8. Hubcap

Hubcap New Member

I think this is great. Granted I won't be able to play for the next 5 months. Once I get settled back down after that I'll be back for sure. Best of luck and I'll toss some funds when I get a chance. Also, "If you're poor and not having a good life. Everything is free for you." Should be the server motto.

Kane Hart likes this.
  9. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

Hey!

I would love to play on this server, sounds very nice! I would start from scratch and do my own thing to begin with to get started, but would love to be a part of building a city at some point. I am not that great of a builder in my eyes, so I would just be supporting and helping out!

Is this thread sort of a question to the commuity before you decide that this is going to happen, or will it happen regardless, if it is, got an ETA? :)

10. Loudrob

Loudrob New Member

I would love to play on this server, hope it goes well!

11. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Hey Hubcap. I hope things are going well for you buddy. I see you playing Witcher 2 there. I can't wait for Witcher 3! I hope goes on sale at GMG since I got credit there.

I can't wait to see you in 5 months then. I hope things are getting better for ya,

12. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    The ETA can be up and down. Depends how much testing we get done but also how stable things go in our testing. People like @ElectroBot our sadly a major key to this sucess. Going through configs mod options arguing etc.

I would say more then a few days to a week. But no longer then maybe 2 weeks. But that is if things going smooth.

13. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Thanks friend. Will keep you updated in this thread!

14. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

The sooner this is released the more excited I am! Would love this ASAP Kane!

15. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

Thanks for the information Kane, I will keep an eye on this tread, I am definetly excited about this! I have a friend that is insane at building and he hates multiplayer servers because they usually wipe every now and then and he feels all his work is lost so this might be something for him, going to show this thread to him for sure :)

16. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
  17. StanislawDK

StanislawDK Active Member

I agree that it's demotivating to see a server go down every third month like and all my work is lost..

The main reason why the modded server doesn’t work well, is because of us, the players.. for me, as soon as we talk about a new modded server I stop my work and wait for the new server..

Maybe we could make a time schedule so we know when who could be on the server?

But we need a place/forum where players can share ideas for community builds, we need to break the borders between players so we can help eachother..

Sounds like a good idea to apply the Spatial way of moving thing, I haven’t tried it because its a little expensive and I was afraid I would lose my machines.. But let’s help each other and make it work.

I'm looking forward to come back again if we go online again; I really hope players will be there!

When the time comes I would like to have my base from the adventure server going onto the new, if possible

Kane Hart likes this.
  18. RedDescent

RedDescent Supporter

• Supporter
    Hello everyone. Looking forward to joining the new server and talking to old friends.

Kane Hart likes this.
  19. Bagline

Bagline Active Member

One great thing about building underground, no need to worry about blending the terrain in if you copy/paste it to a new location/world.

Anyway, Bagland is here (name is just a joke, there is no name):
    [​IMG]

Normally what we do is Electro focuses on the tech and I focus on the building. (with some tech as needed/for fun) Would definitely be interested in collaborating on a network of underground bases and/or even places that are just for show, and I can help anyone with the harder stuff like arches/domes.

As far as this specific build, it plays on something Electro and I started on the build server http://i.imgur.com/GNnJqzo.png but it wasn't planned at all and ended up a little messy. I only had 2 basic design rules I was following:

1. All material removed from dirt to bedrock unless it was part of the structure.
    2. "Open air". (one big room that has the platforms, not 10 smaller rooms you can't look across)

I even designed some "open air" stairs to replace our crappy ones. I never got to implement: http://i.imgur.com/YFC4E1t.png

StanislawDK, Kane Hart and xDiiBs like this.
  20. Instinx

Instinx New Member

One of the issues with updates without wipes is terrain generation on unexplored areas. Another is when people build and leave an abandoned structure in a nice piece of real estate.

Other then that I like your ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.