OLD Getting Started Guide for Feed The Beast Infinity Evolved

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    This is a guide to get started in Feed the Beast Infinity Evolved Expert mode.

Remember: NEI Is your biggest friend in this pack. Many recipes have changed not just via the crafting table but the way you might process somethings. Make sure you always refer to NEI and check their sub crafting etc as they might have changed as well.

Food:
    • Carrots or Wheat / Bread is your best friend.
    • Most food recipes in how to cook them have changed a ton.
    • In the near future 500 out from spawn there will be small farms to allow you to pick carrots and other vanilla foods/plants. (Right click to harvest)
    Tools:
    • Wood has 5 uses and stone is your last Vanilla tool you will use for mining at 63 uses.
    • You will go Tinkers's Construct as soon as possible and pretty much stick with Tinker's tools for a very long time.
    • An early game hoe is the Tinker' Mattock.
    Protection:
    • You want to make sure you protect your things by opening your inventory and at the top left clicking the map icon and clicking the squares to mark off chunks you want protected.
    • Protected Chunks work well but they will not stop people from using pressure plates. So we advice something other then pressure plates.
    • It's recommended you have tall a couple blocks before your protected chunks end to prevent people from entering your property easy and also from pillering up beside and jumping over.
    • It's recommended you don't add just anyone to your friends list as by default they can enter your house and break / take things. You can change this via the Key Icon on the chunk protection map screen at the right.
    Getting Started in Tech, Magic and General:
    • It's highly recommended that you open your inventory and click on the first book under the 3 little colored dudes icon and follow their instructions.
    • Wood Ash is no longer usable to make treated wood so don't waste your time dealing with it. The best way is to setup a Coke Oven and use glass bottles.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Togy likes this.
  2. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    Another player mentioned this to me, you can press 'E' to open your inventory and click the top book on the left, that has a 'getting started' guide for the very first couple of items and an idea of how much harder a few things are

Kane Hart likes this.
  3. Kron

Kron Member

Huh I just realized that I never got the wonderful experience of the Quest for the Bucket :/

4. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I'm going to say this once and once only. Whatever you and your family do loans pyramid scams etc. It's all up to you. Maybe it's worth it maybe it's not. But it's not an acceptable thing to post on a gaming site let alone linking referral links.

If you agree to stop bothering me and go back to playing and enjoying the server and not posting shit like that on the forums then your more then welcome to come back.

If not good bye.

5. solstynn

solstynn New Member

Kane, I assume you removed something from Kron's post? Because your reply is not making sense right now.

6. Kron

Kron Member

Yeah he replied to it here because I think this is one of the few threads I've posted in...

There wasn't anything taken out of my post but hopefully he'll get back to me eventually in a PM.

Just in case he completely forgot about this could you please ask him to check the PM I sent him? I'm not sure if he is just fed up with me or if he jus forgot so yeah...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.