Minecraft - Modded Server Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News' started by Kane Hart, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I just wanted to let everyone know that we have started to work on a Modded server with forge and some of the more usual mods like Industrial Caft, GregTech, Forestry, Buildcraft, ExtraBee's, ExtreaTree's and many other mods. We also want to add some new mods here and there but also bring back some of our old favorites. One of the neatest thing is that almost every mod we use to play with has gone through some pretty major overhauls since we had last played.

I also want to add that our modded servers tend to not get updated from Version to Version unless a lot of people are still actively playing on it we tend to wipe and start fresh on Stone Legion every major IC update. This is mainly due to how big the updates get between Minecraft versions where new ores get added sometimes even ores change and their requirements become less or more and it just goes on and on. But as long as people play we have no need to wipe.

Here is a list of mods were considering and we are also taking some suggestions as well. But the more we add the more the client becomes a bit to bloated.
    Advance Machines
    Applied Energistics
    Better Anvils
    BiblioCraft
    Biomes O Plenty
    BuildCraft
    ChargePads
    ComputerCraft
    Ender Storage
    Extra Utilities
    Forestry
    Forge
    Galacticraft
    GregTech
    IndustrialCraft
    InfernalMobs
    Iron Chests
    Logistics Pipes
    MFFS
    Microblocks
    Nuclear Control
    Obsidian Pressure Plates
    OpenPeripheral
    RailCraft
    Redlogic
    Steve’s Carts
    Usefulfood

Client Only Forge Mods:
    Armor Status Hud
    InGameInfo
    InventoryTweaks
    Not Enough Items
    NEI Addons
    NEI Plugins
    OptiFine
    Rei’s Minimap
    Status Effects Hud
    Tabby Chat

Just to add nothing is in Stone. We want to make everyone happy and we will be using the same whitelist as you guys and girls have already signed up with. Meaning you do not need to sign up a second time. Because of the server being a bit more public in nature, we will not have a dynmap but we also will suggest that you don't advertise your land and you are smart and keep your things protected. One of our major features will be MFFS to help protect your property.

Todo: (Updated Todo List Here: http://stonelegion.com/forums/index.php?/topic/127-minecraft-modded-server-coming-tuesday-night-vip-system/ )
    Finalize Mods: [progress='green']90[/progress]
    Server Testing: [progress='orange']50[/progress]
    VIP System: [progress='red']0[/progress]
    Build Client with McUpdater: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]
    Build Server: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]
    Client Testing: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]

JYETQCM and jommastafibb like this.
  2. Agility_

Agility_ Active Member

Let me know what you want me to test later tonight if you want to :)

3. Burns1200

Burns1200 Moderator

• Administrator
    I might come on a jump around but for the time being I think I'm done with modded servers, sadly.

4. Fugner

Fugner Active Member

Probably won't play since school and all, But would be willing to help test.

5. Chris

Chris Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    You can get your class mates to join the server. :p

Fugner likes this.
  6. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Updated some progress. Things are going really well. Been really nice having Electro help with the client updater portion a lot.

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Another progress update! So a lot of things are starting to go well. The biggest issue we had has been solved with removing Galactic Craft. Hell it solved other issues as well on the server for other issues it was causing random miss matches with build craft oil. Hey we said no Dimensions mods I guess I mean it haha. Not worth having to hound and deal with it even more since the Dev is MIA from IRC now.

Besides that things are going pretty good. Hopefully maybe tomorrow night will have a test client/server?? It's taking us longer then expected but this also helping us for the future for other servers as well with MCUpdater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.