Minecraft - Modded Server Update 1.6

Discussion in 'News' started by Kane Hart, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    This was an attempt to fix a server crash bug with ExtraCell's. The crash was unfortunately not fixed nor I think required on client side at this time. We suggest you not use ExtraCells for now till the issue can be solved.

We for now had to remove the mod and load the chunks and re-add the mod to fix the issue for now. If you guys outside Spwnx base had any loss, Then please let SpwnX Know ;)

2. SpwnX

SpwnX New Member

3. dark_hunter

dark_hunter Member

That's a Mojang issue, at the time they reported issues with there session server. This should be fixed, but things might be shaky.

4. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

oh yeah, good idea to "Remove EC forever" just when the bug gets finally fixed, great job!

5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    never bothered to send you the other crash that is not the same one :p That is when I changed the message :p

6. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

and why didnt you send it to me? want other users to have it in all the upcoming versions?

7. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

lost all my diamonds and emeralds as a result .... bah. [Plays some GTA5 and kills 150 citizens to cool down]

8. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

result of removal of mod or of crash?

9. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

due to the removal of the mod .... my diamonds were stored in a blastprove drive

10. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

this is certainly good news because this doesnt give kane any other reason to remove it :D

good luck with getting those dias back....

11. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    LOL. You haven't met Kane have you? He's removed problematic mods that affected close to half the items that multiple players had and almost no fucks were given (we didn't spawn any items to replace them).

12. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

then.... condolence to vvenaya :D
    and another bug is fixed in 1.4.3c, finally my github activists do something usefull: reporting bugs :D

13. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sorry about this. Speak to SpwnX about getting your Diamonds Back :). What we can do is Ban the group and give you the command to do it ;)

14. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

how do you "ban a group"? do you mean pelemesh, me spwnx and our friends? or waht? :D

15. K1LL_SW1TCH

K1LL_SW1TCH New Member

how about what's happening with the 1.7 update?

Looks like Gregtech version 4.04b added some interesting terrain generation and I was wondering if we even have any unexplored chunks left to get these new features?

For those who haven't seen the change log.
    • Added Black Granite. You can find Tungstate, Sheldonite and Iridium Ore in it in reasonable quantities. The Granite is so hard, that you need Diamond Level to break it, and it is TNT Proof, so forget about that. Diamond Jackhammers can break it quite fast, even when harder stone is enabled. The Granite has 3 times more hardness than "whatever" hardness Stone has, so it directly depends on the Harderstone Config (or similar Configs of other Mods).
    • Added Red Granite. You can find Tetrahedrite, Sphalerite and Cinnabar Ore in it. Like Black Granite, I ofcourse added the decorational variants of this Block as well and made them spawnproof (Cobble and mossy Cobble variants are NOT spawnproof).
    • Added BoP RedRock finally to the Macerator, and fixed some Underground Biomes Stuff as well.
    • Fixed the crushed Ores mentioned above.
    • Fixed NEI Spam in conjunction with mistaqurs NEI Plugins.

16. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

would be nice if there actually was a method to easily reset chunks (without destroying player bases) by mass

17. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    If a plugin were to go through the chunks and check each one against a log block database for player block place/removal then it could work, but I doubt there'd be many chunks that wouldn't be affected especially due to ppl mining.

The easier solution would be to get everybody to report their chunks using some kind of world edit/residence plugin, but many ppl wouldn't do it due to many factors including lack of knowledge, time, etc.

There is no easy way to go about.

The only thing we can and might have to do is expand the world since it seems that Greg made reinforced stone require the new granite. :angry:

18. SpwnX

SpwnX New Member

Get Construction Foam, spray it on an iron scaffold, and voila, theres your reinforced stone.

19. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sounds good to me!

20. M3gaFr3ak

M3gaFr3ak New Member

you should really re add ec, because if not many children will be very sad! there is already one:

[​IMG]

also, it is totally bug free and wont crash anymore because all potential crashes (including enderstorage) are fixed and/or have an exception against crashes :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.