Minecraft - Modded Server Update + Vip System Is In!

Discussion in 'News' started by Kane Hart, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    VIP System:
    The new VIP system is in and we had worked over 12 hours straight just to bring you a clean and automated system. It's simple you click Subscription at the top, click VIP and follow the instructions and you are done. Please note though the system can take 5-15 Minutes to process thanks to Paypal! After that you will be added automatically to the VIP system on any Stone Legion Server and even have a new forum Color and Member Group with MORE Features coming in the near future. So make sure that you filled your Minecraft name correctly in your setting located here! Just a reminder at this time we only have Modded and Creative but even that both will have VIP system support and are running just fine right now!

Warning: There might be issues here and there but whatever happens will fix and solve all VIP Issues when we wake up! So just let us know the good and bad! I hope we actually did more good then bad ;)

Modded News:
    Now onto the modded news! The VIP System took us a lot longer then we had expected and we had some issues with the new Permissions system that is now on both Creative and Modded that I ended up losing a lot of work on the Modded servers permissions. We have 2 major issues one with GregTech and one with Industrial Craft causing some nasty crashes that I like to try to solve before the launch. We did not get time to do much work on the modded server and unfortunately with IC's major changes it's actually a bit more damaging then we had expected. For example the Liquid UU System not in yet, so no UU Matter even though when the time comes we should be fine. The other issues is Reactors crash the server and then we are hitting a API issue here and there.

Permissions SQL System:
    More news on the permissions system is now 100% MySQL Based. Meaning now that we don't actually need to reload the entire thing for user changes all you do is logout and login. This added some issues but in the end will actually make life a lot more easy for some automated maintenance.

Delay Till Wednesday?
    Long story short I don't think will be Launching Tuesday night now that will be going to bed so late today and will end up getting up so late and have still a lot of work to do that we could not even launch even within 2-4 hours after we wake up. At that point it will have already been 10PM+ and I rather launch the server on a fresh day that you wake up and relax into not have to cry, OMG I FORGOT TO DEOP EVERYONE!

Modded Server Banned Items and Donations:
    Modded Server Banned Items (Open To VIP Members) - Before we started these were not the most easy things to consider and most of these were banned based on things like chunks loaders and performance. So it's not as bad of a list but it's pretty much Chunk Loaders, Computer Craft Anything, Steve Carts, Boring Machine/TnT Cart, Mining Laser, dynamites, filler/builder/quarry/pump (IC Pumps are still Open)
    I sort of want to add another item or 2 more related to convince like say Ender Chest or Gravi Stuff. Ender Chest though might be considered lag because then people use more pipe so I'm not trying be an ass for that. But at the same time if you said disable Quantium Suit/Grav Chest you encourage people to donate but also it's a pretty large impact on the server. I can tell you 5 of us flying in every direction on gravi would own the performance. But then again it's so far and high end game that no one will bother donating at lower levels for that as a unlock.

So I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions related to Donations and encouragement. You are the ones that tend to donate most the time anyways so you tell me what is fair besides the clear performance violator bans.
    // Computer Craft
    FTBHelper.ban.1225.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1226.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1227.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1228.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1229.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1230.*

// Open Peripherals
    FTBHelper.ban.579.*
    FTBHelper.ban.580.*
    FTBHelper.ban.582.*
    FTBHelper.ban.584.*
    FTBHelper.ban.585.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1311.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1312.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1313.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1314.*

// Railcraft
    FTBHelper.ban.451.0
    FTBHelper.ban.451.2
    FTBHelper.ban.7766.*
    FTBHelper.ban.7768.*
    FTBHelper.ban.7769.*
    FTBHelper.ban.407.*
    FTBHelper.ban.7778.*

// IndustrialCraft
    FTBHelper.ban.233.*
    FTBHelper.ban.246.5
    FTBHelper.ban.246.6
    FTBHelper.ban.30208.*
    FTBHelper.ban.30214.*
    FTBHelper.ban.30215.*

// Bulld Craft
    FTBHelper.ban.1505.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1507.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1503.*
    FTBHelper.ban.1511.*

// Steves Carts
    FTBHelper.ban.905.*
    FTBHelper.ban.906.*
    FTBHelper.ban.907.*
    FTBHelper.ban.908.*
    FTBHelper.ban.909.*
    FTBHelper.ban.910.*
    FTBHelper.ban.4092.*
    FTBHelper.ban.4093.*
    FTBHelper.ban.4094.*
    FTBHelper.ban.4095.*
    FTBHelper.ban.29997.*
    FTBHelper.ban.29998.*

// Dimensional Anchor
    FTBHelper.ban.960.*

What Can You Do To Help?
    We need more testing in IC/GregTech, just setting up basic machines making things work. Just Please DO NOT TOUCH Nuclear Reactors!

Server Testing: [progress='green']75[/progress]
    Finalize Mods: [progress='green']95[/progress]
    VIP System: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]
    Build Client with McUpdater: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]
    Build Server: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]
    Client Testing: [progress='limegreen']100[/progress]

Chris and JYETQCM like this.
  2. Agility_

Agility_ Active Member

woot VIP system works lol

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Thank you kind sir for your contribution!

Agility_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.