OLD Project: Stone Legion City (Adopt a block)

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by johnmg3, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmg3

johnmg3 New Member

So I'm opening up this project to the community currently on the private server. If you would like to adopt a block and build out the buildings within that block, then by all means come on over, lower the land, build the road around your block and construct your buildings. I have a filler and power supply to use to lower the land to level 65 per the mini map coords. I'm not here to tell you how big to build your block, just fill in what you block off.

Currently I have a block built for what I am going to fill in with a city block.. sort of a main street downtown kinda feel to it. I think I'm going to get 10 to 12 buildings within my block. I have a pattern for the sidewalk and the roads, I ask that you follow that pattern only, but otherwise, what you build within your block is your business as long as it fits within a modern city design. My design will include a few tall buildings, but quite a few shops etc.. all joined together.

I have a sheep farm for colored wool with the yellow, white and black all on automation that is turned off when I'm not on, but the chests have plenty in it for road construction. There are other colors there too, with shears in one of the automated chests, just put the shears back after use. I'm using cut blocks for the road design but there are only a few different cuts. I'm using preidot saws to cut because the jewel seems plentiful and cheap to make.

Post up if you are interested and ask any questions you might have. And please share any ideas you might have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The filler and power supply and the markers are in the chest in the below screenshot at those coords. Remember to collect the markers after you place the filler so they don't disappear. Please return these items to the chest once you are complete as someone else may be looking for it.

[​IMG]

Krylyah and Kane Hart like this.
  2. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

Nice, however you should have used colored cobble for your road instead of wool :)

3. johnmg3

johnmg3 New Member

Nice idea, wish I would have thought of that. There are several blocks in the game currently that would potentially work.

4. johnmg3

johnmg3 New Member

Update on SL city:

We've started a residential area, with two plots currently open with 4 more on the way. Come build yourself a home in SL city. This area and all areas of the current city are protected by magnum torches, so build without risk.

[​IMG]

here are some more shots of the city so far. I have around 4 buildings up so far with many more to go. As I said before, this first area has a downtown mainstreet type of feel. As you'll notice we've changed the street design, thanks to Togeh, we've changed the black to Asphalt in Chisel 2. Makes the wool stripes stand out and gives the road more of a real feel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

dronf and Kane Hart like this.
  5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Looking good john. Really happy you guys are building it as you go rather then creating and planning this massive city ahead of time. This way it sort of grows like a real city.

Don't forget you need FD / PD Sooner or later or crime will go up and so will fires :p

johnmg3 and Krylyah like this.
  6. Krylyah

Krylyah New Member

*puts flint and steel away*...

7. johnmg3

johnmg3 New Member

I will be out of town for the next week, so I won't be on. Traveling to Brazil for work. There is a potential I will be traveling for work the week after as well, just haven't received confirmation I have to make my arrangements yet. will be on for a short time today before heading to the airport. Krylyah will be out of town for around half of this week starting today.

Kane Hart likes this.
  8. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Thanks for the update. I hope you have a safe trip.

9. johnmg3

johnmg3 New Member

Thanks, So I'm back this week, but out next week to Raleigh, NC.

Kane Hart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.