OLD Sandbox 2 - Modpack - 1.10.2 - Free to Play Whitelist Server Launched!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Pack Name: Sandbox 2
    Server IP: sandbox.stonelegion.com:2244
    Server Status: Offline
    Pack Download: Curse (search for 'Sandbox 2')
    Pack Version:
    Mod List:
    List of Mods!
    Minecraft Version: 1.10.2
    Discord: https://discord.gg/V5aUAVk
    (This what we use instead of Teamspeak Now)

This is a Free to Play Server for the Modpack Sandbox 2!
    On Saturday October 22 at 8PM EST, we launched a Free to Play Sandbox 2 modded server. This modpack has over 100 mods (both tech, magic and others) and is available from the Curse launcher.

How to Play?

Connect to our Discord Voice/Text Chat server, give us your Minecraft username and tell us where you found out about our Sandbox 2 server in the #minecraft-whitelist channel.

Basic Rules:
    • No Griefing, PvP, Trolling/Annoying players, Stealing, etc.
    • No Lagging the Server. (Be Smart and remember all your actions have consequences.)
    • No going crazy on exploring / speed movements. Best to walk when you explore as nothing is pre generated on here and doing it off peak times would also help a lot.
    • If you quit or take a period of break please shut off all machines / chunk loaders, etc.
    More:
    • Try not to build too close to other players/spawn (without permission) to prevent chunk loading and land claim issues. 400 blocks from another player and over 2,000 blocks from spawn is recommended.
    • You can protect your land with FTB Utilities chunk claiming system (open your inventory and click on the map icon in the top left. Then left click to claim chunks). Only add friends that you trust as they will be able to do anything. Make sure you mob-proof and people-proof yourself.
    • For those who wish to donate/help support the server, we do have a $15/month Supported subscription available.
    • We do perform server backups, but will not use them to rollback/fix griefs. Protect your land by claiming chunks, use proper entrances (no pressure plates for main entrances), etc.
    • If you have any issues/questions or wish to chat/talk, join us on our Discord server.
    • The map border is 8,000 x 8,000 (4,000 in each direction from spawn).

Memory Recommended To Be Set To 6GB:

[​IMG]

How To Set Memory:
    Click the gear in the curse client at the bottom left then go to Minecraft settings and scroll down till you see the above setting. It's recommended you set to 6gigs but you might be able to get away with 5gigs.

Setup / Install Guide:

Recommended Optional Mods you must install youself:

Let's Play Series:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. Quizzbee

Quizzbee New Member

No Thaumcraft, no thanks.
    Nice to see you're still running mc servers though Kane, you're a hero everyone needs. :)

3. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    I'm in. (Damn you Minecrack...)

BTW We're now using our Discord server for voice/chat instead of the Teamspeak server (although will keep it running for the foreseeable future).

As to those who intend to play, join me in our own optional "Vanilla Challenge".
    Since so much has changed from the last server that we ran (from
    - 1.7 The Update that Changed the World to
    - 1.8 Bountiful Update,
    - 1.9 Combat Update and
    - 1.10 Frostburn update)
    has added LOTS of vanilla items/tools/blocks/etc. so I challenge players to "beat" Minecraft by beating the Enderdragon and going to the new end city and acquiring an Elytra using pure vanilla items/tools/blocks/methods before venturing into the mods on this server. The added challenge will be the fact that the mods add mobs, blocks and modify some vanilla stuff. The rules for this challenge should be
    - You can only use vanilla items/methods (no Tinker's/jetpacks/etc. and must use vanilla storage)
    - You cannot get "help" from players with modded items/methods
    - You can collect modded blocks/items and can store them, but cannot use them (until completing the challenge)
    - Post a picture of you flying your "legitly obtained" Elytra in the Sandbox 2 screenshots thread
    - Once complete, play with all the modz!

Kane Hart likes this.
  4. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Thaumcraft is sadly not out. It's always the top magic mod I install :) Nice to see you stopping by though Quizzbee I hope everything is good with you.

5. Quizzbee

Quizzbee New Member

Yeah it's too bad it usually takes the developer so long to get it up to date, but is definitely my favorite mod.

I might hop by the discord sometime soon to say hi.

6. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Moderator

May have to sneak on and play some minecraft while the family is sleeping tonight :)

Kane Hart likes this.
  7. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

Imagine that, Kane Hart wakes up for another Minecraft adventure. Havent touched minecraft in ages, though i check this site at least once a week, just in case :)

Kane Hart, Milhouz and djbrooks06 like this.
  8. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Just don't overdo it friend :)

9. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I missed you VV. Always loved checking out your bases. I will always be going on adventures. Sure they get smaller and smaller but that is just how life is.

My dream though is Minecraft becomes more stable (modded wise) where we don't have to worry about silly whitelists / supporter. I know not everyone has money and it's annoying I always have to do it. But it's the best way of helping to pay the bills and not become a babysitter heh.

10. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Server is launching sometime tomorrow night Saturday! We ended up running into a lot of issues rip.

11. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
  12. StanislawDK

StanislawDK Active Member

heyo!
    Where do I sign up? :)

13. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    Connect to our Discord Voice/Text Chat server and give us your Minecraft username in the #minecraft-whitelist channel. You can either use the Dsicord website or the Discord application.

See you there.

14. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    Vanilla challenge complete* (didn't actually kill the dragon, but since I was going to do that with a partner, I consider the challenge complete since I did play pure vanilla and have acquired an Elytra from an End City ship.)

[​IMG]

Kane Hart likes this.
  15. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Aww no one wanted to kill it with you :(?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.