Site / Servers have now all been moved.

Discussion in 'Community Talk / Off-Topic' started by Kane Hart, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    So I just want to keep you guys and girls updated with Stone Legion, Minecraft, Stardale, & Miscellaneous Fansites we run.

So for people who don't know we have moved from our old datacenter and now fully running in a Canadian Datacenter. We did a lot of research on the location and costs and found it to be quite perfect. 90% of everyone seem to have lower ping times around the world. On top of that we had a better stable network. Less packet loss and disconnects.

So what did this cost us? I don't like to boast but we are paying around what we pay now accept a hefty setup fee. That is right nothing comes for free in this world. But we think it's worth it.

Our new Servers:
    Server 1 - Minecraft and nothing else:

Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 3.4 GHz+
    32 GB Ram
    3 x 120 GB SSD

Server 2 - Websites:
    32 GB Ram
    3 x 120 GB SSD

Server 3 - Stardale:
    32 GB Ram
    3 x 120 GB SSD

Yes you are reading this right. We now have 3 Dedicated servers not just 1 for the price of the one we had before. This is not only more stable and secure but allows us to scale even further then ever before.

To give you an idea of our old Server it was a Nice Rig running a Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz with crap ton of SSD's and 32gigs of ram. But it ran not only 3 Minecrafts servers, Starmade, Teamspeak, Half Dozen Sites and more. It also ran a VPS Setup. Meaning we had 4-5 Linux VM's running and 1 Windows VM Running. Even with just 1 single VM your losing performance on visualization. Now you see how impressive our new server is it's pretty much 3 times the power 3 times the ram and much more!

Our Servers all come from Anti-DDoS with live packet monitoring and filtering. Meaning no more attacks no more worries completely automated and if it gets past they get alerted and manually deal with the attacks in house in real time.

On top of all that we have 100's of Gigs of backup off site and on site. So no data loss if something horrific were to ever happen and I assure you we take all the measures possible to prevent that.

So I hope this was a informative update on our new server capabilities and our clear long term commitment to the future of Stone Legion and our other projects. We are not going anywhere!

Chris and Agility_ like this.
  2. Agility_

Agility_ Active Member

[​IMG]

Kane Hart likes this.
  3. RedDescent

RedDescent New Member

How do I download the new windows client for stonelegion. My old link is no longer valid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Passionone

4. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    here you go: http://stonelegion.com/resources/minecraft-modded-client-exe-for-windows.2/
    Thank you for your Support as well. Going to go for my Jog now and see if I can fix your Tag when I get back also. I guess the forums not updating again.

5. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    Hey you know what's scarey? that setup is more powerful and has more backup's than my workplace (only a 300million a year public sector place ;))

6. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

Hey Kane just wondering why the test server is down and if it'll be back up soon for more testing

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sorry about that. It had crashed again. Will have to come up with a auto reboot application for it but during the testing it's easier to let it stay crashed to follow up on the logs etc.

Parad0x13 likes this.
  8. RedDescent

RedDescent New Member

Thank you for the info. I downloaded the client and updated. With alittle bit of work I have it ready to go. Looking forward to saying hi to everyone. Teamspeak will be my next project. Always glad to support a good cause.

9. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sounds good! If you have issues launching them game let us know!

10. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

Test servers are down again Kane. Any ETA on when server will be opened?

11. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
  12. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member