SL:RPG Comes to an end with RPG Maker.

Discussion in 'SL:RPG Developer Diary' started by Kane Hart, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    So I'm sad to announce that will be discontinuing with RPG Maker at this time for our SL:RPG Project. We ended up running with way to many Engine Limitations and a lot legal issues as well. You might ask what legal issues would that be? The biggest one we can't modify the Exe to do any kind of fixes, changes, etc. The other big thing is half the scripts to make something successful have different licenses. In fact some of them force you to distribute all your other material but then another license says you can't distribute their materials, etc.

Overall this has just added so many problems to the table and on top of that it seems that not a lot of people would be interested in just a single player RPG. There is 10,000's in the same engine with the same tiles done over and over. Not only that most people would enjoy and would like to see some kind of Multiplayer.

So that being said it is sad to see it go down the drain. At this point we could release what we have but nothing was actually put together as we were waiting on a lot of things from Andy the intro zone / City and some storyline. Not only that we still would have the legal issues with the scripts.

Just because SL:RPG Is gone and done does not mean we are not coming back with something bigger and better. Standby as will be announcing a bigger and better project. It's going be called SL:MMORPG!

Thanks,
    Kane Hart

bigbubbak9 and Chris like this.
  2. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

Perhaps consider making your own engine ? Though i can imagine this being quite a bit more of a challenge then using a predesigned engine.

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I would love to make my engine. But that is a tad to much at this point. So many options out there too now.