Stone Legion New Server Layout Suggestion!

Discussion in 'News' started by Kane Hart, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    So after a nice long sleep I think I have come up with a idea of what the future of Stone Legion should look like. I also thank everyone who posted on the forums and took the time to send me private messages. It actually seems that a few concerns I got via PM were actually mostly fixed on the Birth of Stone Legion. What we do when new content comes out or paid Nether / End access is a thing of the past.

Minecraft Game Servers:
    Bukkit Build:

I feel that Build server is in the perfect place right now. Besides The End missing and will be adding that in soon, there is not much missing from the Build server. It's not meant to be modded and there is no paid features to enter The End, Nether, etc so there is not much of any restrictions. We have added Minecart Mania that should help progress the Rail-road System and @ElectroBot and @Bagline are working on an amazing Waterway. When 1.8/1.9/1.10/etc Comes out will end up creating a new Temp World for people to gather new resources and explore.

Bukkit Creative:
    Works just as intended. I don't think anyone has needed anything really changed and we started testing Minecart Mania on this server. It has all the plugins from the Build Server that are used in testing. I can't see for any need of changes for this server either.

Modded Adventures:
    This was our Wipe Server. Back in the days where @ElectroBot and I were talking it seem the only future was to wipe the servers from version to version because of how almost impossible it was to update the modded server from version to version. That has changed a lot and I mean a lot. There is now no more Block ID's making the update process alone 99 times smoother and safer. I propose that going forward that 1.7 will be the last and final wipe for Adventures server. Will have to cut down a few plugins and consider Balance for the long future of Adventures. We will also have to be a bit more restrictive on what players can and can't do rule wise to keep a stable community.

Modded Unleeashed:
    Modded Unleashed server will be pretty much the Current Modded Adventures but with even more mods then ever. This server is doomed to fail with pure enjoyment of a fresh start and progression. This server will also be a great way to test some new Mods / Features and even longer term bug testing before to add the new mods to Adventures. This server will also be constantly added new mods and features and if need to remove any crashing ones. This will be our flagship supporting server for Developers as well. This is how we build relationships with all the modded Developers by playing bleeding edge alpha/beta mods and giving our feedback to them. This server will be wiped at least each Version of Minecraft and if demanded or dies out sooner maybe even twice during large periods of no updates like in Minecraft 1.6 where it lasted well over 6 months.

Other Future Game Servers:
    Starbound:

Down the road we plan on bring back Starbound. Starbound is actually made up of almost of half of our registered Members of this website. We will in the future with the major Patch drops put up a server and encourage new players into our community even if its just for Starbound.

Space Engineers:
    Once we have gone through some major changes of our community I think will take a small break and bring up a 24/7 Factions Space Engineer PvP Server. Though Space Engineers does not have many rules / restrictions at this time I think it will be a wonderful way to have some fun healthy competition and just screwing around is this great Sandbox Survival Space Game.

Rust/7D2D/Unturned/The Forest:
    Great games and way too Alpha right now. These are all Dayz Like Survival games that have a more Minecraft feel to them. You started naked you salvage, you build, defend, fight, etc. These are great games that are just only getting bigger and better by the day. This is a future of Minecraft like Sandbox games and must be embraced no matter what.

World of Warcraft/ Other MMORPG's:
    Just because we quit after 2 weeks does not mean their not worth it. Once again it seems our community has a lot of MMORPG players and also brings in some new members to our community. Nothing wrong from taking a healthy break and playing an MMORPG. This Fall will be running our World of Warcraft Guild once again for the next expansion.

Now that talk about VIP and supporting this community:
    A lot of people over the years have made the whole $15 an expensive complaint. The $15 is pretty much the cost of a movie ticket and if some how your lucky it might even be with a Popcorn on the side. This is what powers Stone Legion. This is not Kane's Pocket cash and never will be. You have had a Home / Server for the last 4 years being maintained and upgraded and paid for. That will continue to be the case but we require your support.

We don't want to offer a pay 2 win server or start charging for zones and such. So we need some new cleaver ways to encourage people to donate. Maybe it needs to be some kind of warp or extra homes again. Either way we need to come up with some ideas because its how we pay for the server. We also want to keep it at $15 a month without any kind of extra / micro transactions.

We want to hear from you. Our biggest supporters at this point seems to be at the start of a new Adventures / Unleashed server and through Creative Server World Edit access.

Andy likes this.
  2. StanislawDK

StanislawDK Active Member

I think I need to bow down to the idea of a new adventure server and just start on a fresh. I think that the moderators should go together and think of a way to show the other players how they(including me) can set up their base without making it lagging or damaging to the server. I really hope we can keep the 1.7 over a long period of time when it comes up and we all work together on making that happen. I will be going VIP when the new adventure comes up as I now see it isn't that expensive(just have to resign from netflix).
    But all in all, I really think you(Kane) have done quiet a job to explain to all what the future brings and you seem like the best leader for StoneLegion! a big thanks to you and also to the moderators around the community

Kane Hart likes this.
  3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Andy likes this.
  4. Agility_

Agility_ Active Member

I'm away until Thursday but I'm making a list of some ideas on my phone here sitting in my hotel. I'll post them when finished. Just thought I'd pop on to show I'm alive still lol

Kane Hart likes this.
  5. iPeez

iPeez New Member

I would love to play Starbound with you :)

6. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    haha, A lot of people would love to play games with me :p The downside is I don't like playing with people directly.

7. djbrooks06

djbrooks06 Moderator

im on a break from video games at the moment. business is going well and been stuck on that most of the time. also I am going to be out of state next month most of the time. ill keep an eye on everything going on and seeing how everybody is doing.

Kane Hart and Fugner like this.
  8. iPeez

iPeez New Member

No worries, you won't have to play with me! I was referring to what you said in the first post, about possible Starbound server! ;)

Milhouz and Kane Hart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.