OLD Stone Legion Update #10! - Public Server Lag Fixed!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator

Chris likes this.
  2. dronf

dronf Active Member

I feel like a lot of newer mods must be just sloppily coded. It doesn't take much to lag the server it seems. MUCH larger constructions back on the industrial server, and some of the early modded ones after that, didn't cause any lag. I guess that's part of the price of being on the bleeding edge of new mods. :D

3. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

Hey you guys! Thanks for finding and solving the lag issue I had no idea that those turbines were causing so much trouble. Would it be possible Electro to get those turbines back? I won't be placing them all back of course since I now know they cause issues but I would like them back though (I can't open that chest you placed)

4. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

Also I wouldn't call us dicks for making 'massive' structures like that. We had no idea (at least I certainly did not) that it was that resource intensive or even resource intensive at all. Had I known in the first place I wouldn't have done it, calling me a dick because of it is kinda a dick thing to say Kane : ( I want to play and have fun with you all but I don't think assuming people are trying to be dicks before talking to them is really a good thing to do TBH

5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Pretty sure I also said more then just dicks... I'm also pretty sure I call most people dicks. Learn your community!

6. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    • Supporter
    I can remove the IC safe, but the advanced generators will not be returned. You created WAAAY too many of them (as well as placing those 40+ * 1EU/t solars when you had higher tier ones already) and did not even think that you might've been the one causing the lag or abusing server resources. I'm also not going to mention how you exploited a mod to force load your chunks when you weren't online.

If you want to advance and "rush" through the mods, then go right ahead, but think about your impact on other player's gameplay.

7. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

I absolutely did not think it was impacting server performance, I've made that perfectly clear electro. Had I known that it was I wouldn't have done it. Every player has their own play style and mine happens to be efficiency rather than aesthetics. You seem to think I was trying to play on the server to the detriment of other players when that's not the case in the least. It has been fun playing with you all but assuming a player is out to hurt others without conferring with them makes it difficult to continue having fun with them... You make 'rushing' seem like a bad thing but you must admit every player enjoys the game in their own way. You should not assume I'm intentionally playing to the disadvantage of others

8. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

If you mean the term 'dick' nonchalantly then I don't take offense. But it doesn't sound like you mean it that way. You say 'These players [were being] dicks". How else does someone take that? Minecraft is supposed to be fun, this community in the most part is fun to play with. Joking is one thing but singling out players and attacking them without speaking to them first (like you said you were going to do in previous videos) makes you seem hypocritical

I plan on continuing playing with the SL community but I think every one of us could learn something about how to better interact with one another is all

Also, why can I not have my Adv. Solars back?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  9. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Since you want to play with your feelings here... Lets talk about the hidden ender pump chunk loaders being used to try to keep your base loaded when your offline and exploiting and in our books is a perma ban? I mean since you are hurt and all lets just make sure you understand how much of a dick you really are at times.

10. StanislawDK

StanislawDK Active Member

could eventually change the word "dick" to "douchebag"?

11. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Might be a better term. Complimenting someone with a dick might be a bad thing ;)

StanislawDK likes this.
  12. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

or dickbag

Kane Hart likes this.
  13. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

Meh. The enderpump was a bad decision on my part. That doesn't mean I intentionally tried to ruin things with the generators though

I get that this is the internet and it's fun to poke fun at people but you ruin the fun for them if it goes too far. I honestly think your being a douche Kane but internet points aren't a thing and nobody really cares how they come across on a forum when they think they are in the right so I'm not upset by it. Really I'm disappointed because you've been super cool up until now.

I'm happy taking a temporary ban for the ender pump if that's what you want to do. If you perma-ban me then I understand too. The inner-pacifist in me says "Why can't we all just get along?" but my inner combatant says "Kane is an asshole to his players and it makes me want to quit". I don't plan on quitting I'm just pointing out how your coming across.

That being said I've always known you to be an a-hole, just up till now it's not been directed at me so I can't be too surprised. Take my opinions for what you want (probably less than dirt honestly and I don't mind I'm just putting it out there) and continue on playing minecraft : 3

14. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Sorry but I'm only an ass to people who do really stupid stuff. The Generators were not actually why I'm annoyed at you. It was the Pumps the entire time... Electro and I would of instantly banned you and cleaned up your entire base. I decided to let you be. Then this Generator stuff happen after. Once again I left you be as I think I said in the video it's not really your fault and I explained to Electro that you can't blame them for making big things. But 5 Forestry Mega Farms? I mean you seem to want to keep pushing and pushing none stop.

I became uncool when you became a burden and kept taking up my time over and over and over. I been to your base now more then @StanislawDK / @andyipod1437 base. Their both Asses too at times but they don't pout over it.

This is a community run server. I'm not paid nor I want to be paid to run this. But you need to learn to do your part and consider things like should I have 5 Mega Farms, Should I have this massive ore berry farm, should I have this massive array of generators, should I have exploited with pumps to load chunks when I'm offline, should I argue with the guy that is right?

See the issue here? You were an ass you get called an ass. You sharpen up and be good then your ass title goes.

andyipod1437 and StanislawDK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.