OLD Stone Legion Update #5!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, May 15, 2015.

?

Do you think Draconic Evolution Should be Removed?

1. Yes

88.2%
  2. No

11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Before you vote please take the time to read the feedback within the thread. Please note that my post is my opinion and my experience of the mod.

So it looks like majority of people agree that we should ban automated Mining. Now there is still talk about ore bushes. I'm not going to intervene in it I will wait for people to talk it out with each other and decide what they want over the next few days.

Sadly it's not all kittens and puppies today. We need to talk about the future of Draconic Evolution.... This mod was brought to us by someone who said it take about 3 weeks to do certain tasks in this mod. It took us a week to hit some the most over powering features if not a couple of days.

• Teleports - No costs, Free teleports, cheap as hell. But it does bring the community together.
    • Power Storage - 2.something Trillion of energy storage.. Anyone can make it within their first day of playing as long they have a jetpack... Kills all storage in all the other mods.
    • Most Powerful armor in the game. Sure many mods add invulnerability but this is one step off from having /op.
    • Most Powerful weapons in the game.. Top weapon 25x25 AOE 80 Damage + 30% of the mobs health of damage.
    • Most Powerful pick in the game. Instant yes Instant break faster then creative break even. Can do 9x9 clearly that is illegal but even 3x3 you can run one side the world to the other with a fast jetpack and mine it within 3-5 Minutes. Yes 72,000 blocks within 5 minutes.
    I can go on and on but I think you are getting the point...

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Chris likes this.
  2. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

Yea this mod would be completely destructive to the server, no way you'll ever manage to keep the server running for a year or more with this

3. BearJew1986

BearJew1986 Supporter

• Supporter
    Mod needs to go, no questions asked. 93% of the mod is WAY OP

4. dmanfan100

dmanfan100 New Member

Most of the mod needs to go, you could probably change the recipe for the teleportation and the storage to make us work MUCH harder to accomplish. But BAN the armor, and tools. If we do keep the teleportation, might I suggest a community hub area where there are teleports to everyone's base?

5. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

I didnt have to watch much of your video to decide that yes, this mod should be disabled.

6. dronf

dronf Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it change the end as well? (more land, different mobs. i dunno, haven't been there yet) If so, removing it could be problematic.

As far as the OP items, I'm fine not having those around, but if you remove them, you should probably nuke the whole mod. I remember reading that there is another dragon added, balanced against the top level weapons and armor in the mod.

My other concern is that removing this mod leaves the pack almost identical to the last one. I was looking forward to checking out DE since it seems to add more content in the form of bosses, not just items.

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    The end is really not changed. It adds chaos dragons but the thing is the mod adds armor that makes you invulnerable. I used the armor and a jetpack to kill a dozen dragons around the end. I pretty much was farming them for exp farm as it was insane amounts.

We can add new challenges and features to the server as time goes on don't forget.

But yeah this mod after doing some googling it's pretty much a crap I forgot the name of it but term of OP mod pack they use on reddit.

Time for me to go to bed but I like to hear both sides. Sadly though I like the energy storage system even though so easy to make and so easy to use it's also not an excuse to keep an entire mod and try to ban 95% of the contents.

The teleporters for me are already hurting the community for rail systems, quantum ways, and other teleportation systems. Draconic Evo had a lot of drama just from the start.

It's my fault it should of never been added but I'm trying to be fair and open to everyone. But clearly we could not test everything.

8. dronf

dronf Active Member

This mod does seem like the ultimate consequence of the "power creep" we've been seeing in mods over the years.

9. Bagline

Bagline Active Member

All I want is the power storage.

What I think we should do:
    1. Remove draconium ore from spawning in end.
    1.5 Remove all draconium ore/blocks from all inventories to level the playing field.
    2. Retrogen the ore in the overworld, (maybe spawn similar to uranium but only 25% as much)
    3. Ban everything but the storage system.

The storage system is something that's really worth building towards.

You can't remove the entire end game goals for all the mods or we'll end up being basically vanilla with tinkers and jetpacks.

10. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

If the storage system is so overpowered and easy to get, it completely makes all other storage mods obsolete. this should be prevented at all costs. Same with the teleportation system/hub. People actually wanted to make a rail system, until the hub made its appearance.

OP mods kill servers in no time.

11. Bagline

Bagline Active Member

I just want to make it clear that the only reason I want the power storage is for the looks. It's literally the entire theme for the base I'm building.

[​IMG]

12. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

13. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Member

Could you achieve the same effect with the Open Blocks Building Guide and/or Carpenter's Blocks?

14. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Member

There are other Teleport options available with the mods you have and you can always install other mods that added Teleport options (EnhancedPortals 3 comes to mind).
    I don't much care for the OP Armor/Weapons/Tools, it isn't in my play style (no OP gear is), and since we are not a PvP server I don't have to contend with it so I don't really care, though using it takes the challenge out of the game and makes other players feel they are falling behind (and then everyone will be using OP gear of some kind).
    I don't think the Power Storage has a point anymore, the only thing in the game that produces anywhere near the level of power required to have it has been nerfed (BR) and all the things that you would need that much energy for have been banned (Quarries/Mining Laser), so it is kind of obsolete.

15. Bagline

Bagline Active Member

eh, http://i.imgur.com/q0fu2jK.png not really impressive, I can always make something else work, but it will never be as good.

16. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    Just for anyone who hasnt noticed there is a yes/no vote at the top of this thread, please vote for or against the ban if you havent already!

17. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

This mod almost makes me want to play on the server less already, this should have been avoided from the start, although I know its not easy to go through all mods in advance. Some people are so powerful already that you feel like you are years behind even when the server is this new. Not that other peoples "power" should matter to me, but it somehow makes it less enjoyable to play, which is the reason you want to remove "OP" stuff right? Oh well.

18. StanislawDK

StanislawDK Active Member

Remove the mod, but not the teleport item,, It is vital for the community!

19. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

The teleport item is part of the mod and as such would also disappear after the mod goes ... however i am pretty sure we will find a way to replace it

Kane Hart likes this.
  20. VonNeuman

VonNeuman New Member

Remove the mods which you think are overpowered. I support you in this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.