OLD Stone Legion Update #8!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Today we talk about creating a Private Community Server Like Forgecraft. (Now you know I'm insane)

So the members that been with us for a long time and we call family and you know who you are and sorry if others get the wrong impression. Are you tired of the lag? Are you tired of the limited mods? Are you tired of world borders? Are you tired of limited features? Are you tired of being told what to do?

Then guess what this might be a turning point for us.

Check this video out and or keep reading below!:::

The idea is we make a private community server. We start off at 0,0 and we find places we like to live. We team up or don't team up whatever you like. I know many of you already love teaming up and how cool would it be if we all lived near spawn say within 500 blocks away some further some closer and started to do community projects near spawn. Like a massive Fusion Reactor where we can share power for all those who want it so they can do things they enjoy instead?

What about big mana farm or a tree farm etc. Why not do some of these at each others places and connect them create a community/city where we live and share certain resources or all our resources etc.

The idea of this server is to be a family. People who enjoy being part of a community even I the most outcast player love helping others proving things sharing etc. I think it be amazing we take some of our lead designers and our lead technicians and mix our talent!

Things we can do to share our work:
    • Videos
    • Streams
    • Dynamic Map!
    • Monthly Map Release Around Our Bases
    • Sharing the pack with others so people can still play single player or make their own server
    • Much Much More!
    Worried about your work that you put into this server? You don't have to join and if you do join we are here to help you! We are not hear you leave you behind!

Chris, Mic and mineraftdude like this.
  2. andyipod1437

andyipod1437 Member

Kane i really like the idea of a more private community.For people who want to build things like Moria and the huge city there was in GodCraft. That is one of the main reason i join stonelegion in first place because i watch Minecraft - Outside the Blocks Episode 11 (Jesse Cox)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a26016c-Ak
    i would love to do huge community projects.

3. jaydawg8888

jaydawg8888 New Member

✓ Support kane you should do it
    This also removes some of the players playing so it should reduce lag

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. johnmg3

johnmg3 New Member

I do like the idea. If it means a more stable lag free server, then I'm all for it. I would not mind contributing to community projects or even leading some. Working together yet living separately sounds like a win for me.

5. mineraftdude

mineraftdude New Member

I totally love this idea, I would love to be involved in this.. the funny thing was that I was just talking about this to some people, and we were creating different ideas to fix this kind of problem. I wanted to create a central power system where we could all share resources, and make community projects.. like the old build server, but have mods where you wouldn't have to make a thousand furnaces, or spend lots of time AFKing just to make something big like Moria.. I definitely approve!

I LOVE IT!!!

-Miner Raftdude
    Miner APPROVED

One more thing, WE all know your INSANE Kane, I knew that the first time I talked to you.. Plus, we all have that bit of craziness in us :)

Mic likes this.
  6. Bagline

Bagline Active Member

This is exactly the type of stuff we wanted to stop by having a permanent modded server. Sit down and take your Ritalin.

Milhouz, bamv9, Adoness and 1 other person like this.
  7. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

Personally, i am not sure how i'd play on a community oriented server. My gameplay in minecraft is a reflection of what i am in real life ... i am a Loner by choice. Perhaps i'm not capable to work together with others. Dunno.

Also the fact that there is to be a centralized power system, makes 90%+ of the game obsolete, as it all is about power.

Anyhow, i'm willing to give it a shot

dronf likes this.
  8. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

I'm weird like that as well. I like to play on multiplayer servers, but I usually play by myself. Its just not the same to play singleplayer. In multiplayer at least there is some chat between people, and you can visit eachother to check out builds or trade or whatever, its more enjoyable even though I mostly stick to myself. With the server being invite only, I probably dont have any say in it anyway.

dronf likes this.
  9. vvenaya

vvenaya Member

The main reason to go multiplay is that it prevents me from cheating ;) everytime i play solo i end up NEI-ing everything, either that or WORLDEDITING everything to oblivion

Mic likes this.
  10. Industrialbass

Industrialbass Member

im in let us know when u wanna start

11. kirk31

kirk31 New Member

this sounds so fun i wish i could join

12. mintblackbeard

mintblackbeard New Member

Seems like a great idea. I've been a member for around a year but left for a long time after there were restrictions on blocks and it was stopping me from doing things so I doubt I'd be aloud on.

13. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

14. andyipod1437

andyipod1437 Member

Hey Kane and All,
    I have been part of the Stone Legion community scene Feb 10, 2014. I feel like i'm part of the community. I would like to ask everyone permission to join the private server? i feel like i have the maturity to joined the sever!

Thanks for listening

15. BearJew1986

BearJew1986 Supporter

• Supporter
    I am ok with this, and would welcome you to join. Will need to be discussed with everyone else.

16. amm255

amm255 New Member

Nice idea, although its a shame i will stop playing the public server as the only people who are ever in teamspeak are the ones that are invited to the private server so wont be much fun for me personally anymore.

17. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

There is no harm in me playing with the private pack in singleplayer right? It would be awesome to have a good pack that is constantly bug fixed and updated etc. Maybe some day, I could join the server.

18. BearJew1986

BearJew1986 Supporter

• Supporter
    yeah you are more than welcome to use the pack to play single player

19. Crazylike

Crazylike New Member

Nice, I just started a world, third try though. First try the game crashed as the world was loading, second try I kept falling out of the world and dying :p But seems to work now, loving it, a little bit loney though :p

One question though, cant zombies break down villager's doors now? They just stand there outside watching in. I was worried all villages would die but so far its going well :eek:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.