Stone Legions 2015 Space Engineers Server! - OLD

Discussion in 'Space Engineers' started by Kane Hart, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    This is the thread dedicated to our Dedicated Stone Legion Sever. This server is dedicated and only open to VIP Members of the community. Due to the performance issues and griefing we just wanted a small and fast dedicated server for our community.

Current Mods Installed:
    How to join the server. Create a shortcut on your desktop and use this as the following location:
    steam://connect/99.238.49.88:27016

Chris likes this.
  2. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    So I found this ship as a station with its antennas disabled. It seem to be a very rare bug? or fluke? I was able to board it via the respawn when I died try to capture a ship for fun.

[​IMG]

Not sure what to do with it for now. I powered down most of it just using the 2 solar panels to keep the med bays running and it is open to our faction. It might be a worth while exploration ship and just add to it like a oxygen generators etc. And overhaul it...

Or if you guys think I could just delete it or send it to the sun. Be a very sad waste though since I will never build anything nice :p

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Seems like the viewers fine explorer ships to be legit and fair. So I guess will keep going with them. I know they feel dirty but I guess each man can set their own rules.

4. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
  5. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    it just keeps paying off and paying off, i tried to fly it yesterday, only a little bit, the turn and accelleration are actually really good for a ship that size, slightly better than big red!

Kane Hart likes this.
  6. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    So Having build a small, functional station and a decent 4 drill miner along with a transport ship - all of which are a fraction of the size of racecars ;) - I decided it's time to start work on my 'explorer' ship which will replace my station as my main base and will travel with me from asteroid to astreroid and will also form the basis of the longer term game for me.

I had started a design previously built around a 'runway' thinking the style of Star Citizens carrier ship:
    [​IMG]

This sucked as Space engineers doesnt really need a runway and designing it in SE to look good didn't work, so back to the drawing board...

Figured i'd start with the internal layout and then add on thruster groups, styling, turrets etc after getting a working 'box' ship, so first thing was a floor plan showing the rooms..

[​IMG]

This seems to have worked well though as i've been building i've through about design changes and am applying as i go so insead of just seperate square box's some of the rooms merge much more nicely and have much better detailing, still after about an hour of building this is what i've come up with so far...

Front View
    [​IMG]

Top-down view
    [​IMG]

You can't see it from the pic's as everythings coloured the same but some of the key bulkhead walls between main sections are made of heavy armor, the external walls are also heavy armor, though some floor's are internal blocks but they'll be covered later when detailing and thrusters are added.

By working like this i've been able to access all area's with my utility ship making building MUCH easier as i've already pumped over 60,000 steel plates into it, I'm defo gonna need to mine double the ammount of iron i already had which was another 1200kg of iron ingots.

Quite happy with this design and it isn't confusing, it's mostly doors off of corridors OR central 'security' areas where internal turrets etc are placed, i need to add another storage and reactor room as well as another security room/set of airlocks so the design will grow a bit but that just add's to the fun.

Bonus pic - this is the small welder/grinder ship i'm using, REALLY good for getting into small spots while being able to see everything
    [​IMG]

IamRacecaR and Kane Hart like this.
  7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Damn that is sweet. I really need to sleep also :p

8. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    Yes, yes you do!

9. IamRacecaR

IamRacecaR Member

I've had to take a short break from the server to finish the redesigns of my Modular station system. I'm almost done, and I'll be back in hopefully later today

10. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    This include creating 100 more lag factories :p PS we hacked your medbay because we could not teleport to it :p

11. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    Update, some nearly finished interior parts...

Airlock security check station
    [​IMG]

Other side of the security checkpoint, emergency lockdown doors for air breach
    [​IMG]

Inside security hub A, still needs some work but you probably see the gist
    [​IMG]

Hallway leading to storage, reactor and communications
    [​IMG]

IamRacecaR and Kane Hart like this.
  12. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Server is updated to Patch 80.

13. Togy