OLD Testing Is Now Over! We are in Gold Status! Wednesday Evening Launch!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kane Hart, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Thank you everyone who helped test. I wanted to put a big thanks to a couple of our new members who helped a lot over the last couple days and were on Teamspeak @Sunshaker & @MuracoWolfpaw Also thanks again to @ElectroBot for always being there and @Bagline for participating and testing out a lot of mods out of his normal realm and @Parad0x13. I know others tested and ty just putting in thanks to the longer and teamspeak users.

I now consider us Gold. Meaning we are pretty much done and ready to launch besides some internal house keeping that we need to do. Right now as we speak the world is being generated:
    [07:11:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Generated 113200 / 250000 chunks [ 45.28% ]

Server will now say Whitelist Required. Will have a signup Forum section rather do that then a thread later today. Right now even if you are whitelisted you will not access the server till the launch.

Our tasks Today/Tomorrow:
    • Generate the Overworld / Nether.
    • Permissions for VIP Members.
    • Automated Backup System.
    • More Permissions security checks mainly in commands.
    • Work on the Wiki Adding Rules, Tutorials/Guides, how to connect and a troubleshooting page for the Launcher.
    • More website cleanup / whitelist forum section added.
    • GUI Launch Message Update
    • Maybe add some BUpload Filters for Single Player.
    • Wipe my entire client make sure things work fine.
    • Try to build a new client exe wrapper that might try to require java 8/64bit?
    • Update Mods Wiki with a few changes.
    I might have more tasks so I ask please let me know if there is something I should double check or look at. This is a community effort meaning that we need everyone to pitch in and make it a better place. Feel free to screw around remove mcupdate folder in %appdata% etc and report if you run into issues or if everything is fine.

PS you can still test in Single Player :)

This is what Spawn looks like. Unless you guys actually care a lot I deiced something more empty and flat. 2 Main reasons for this is flat is easy to work on a community spawn. Number 2 was not too many large hills, tree's etc. This means a very low lag spawn area for people who might normally have more issues then others.
    [​IMG]

Expected Launch of the Server is Wednesday Evening. Before or around or after super EST not clear but that is my goal. It will be a soft launch meaning we will not be advertising it all over the internet for the first days. If we hit a really big issue we might need to rollback wipe etc the first couple days.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Parad0x13 and Milhouz like this.
  2. Industrialbass

Industrialbass Member

sweet ty soo much for all the hard work

Kane Hart likes this.
  3. Parad0x13

Parad0x13 Member

Alright Kane! Watching that 2nd video you released about bug testing and server setup status I realize that you've put a ridiculous amount of work into getting things ready for all of us. Your a big reason I love this community so much and because of that I'm uber excited to start adventures with you all. Looking forward to community projects and fun chat!

Again, thanks so much man for doing this for us. You are AMAZING!

Kane Hart and Milhouz like this.
  4. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Just my check list how things are going this what is left:

• Work on the Wiki Adding Rules, Tutorials/Guides, how to connect and a troubleshooting page for the Launcher.
    • GUI Launch Message Update
    • Maybe add some BUpload Filters for Single Player.
    • Wipe my entire client make sure things work fine.
    • Try to build a new client exe wrapper that might try to require java 8/64bit?

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Parad0x13 likes this.
  5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Parad0x13 likes this.
  6. Kingcam

Kingcam New Member

I have finished in installing the new launcher, who else is ready to play Mp mode?

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    I can't wait I'm really hyped up. Though very very tired it has been a long week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.