OLD Yay, Black Holes!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Kron, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kron

Kron Member

Ok, so after I put research into it so I don't just look like an idiot I can present my case.

So I am using Optifine in Infinity Evolved, and have also been researching wary stuff in Thaumcraft. I was feeding my Hungry Node some stuff when I heard the warp-induced heartbeat thingy, and my screen turned entirely black. Not just the vanilla Blindness effect, but I couldn't open my inventory, couldn't open the ESC menu, pretty much entirely could not see - all of this sitting in a Hungry Node. This is a graphical glitch between Warp Effects and Optifine, and I have already taken OF out of my instance to avoid this in the future. I obviously don't want to be sucked into a black hole, and the login sequence to the server when I can't move about is more than enough time for the Hungry Node to eat me and destroy my stuff. Is there any way (@Sniper3 :3) that the next time I attempt to log in, someone can teleport me out so that I don't get eaten? The only reason I'm asking is because this is a glitch (see attached file, or this link and scroll down to Bugs) and not a game mechanic. Any chance someone could help me out?

-Kron

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 5.09.07 PM.png

2. Sniper3

Sniper3 New Member

I'm sorry, even if I wanted to help you I can't teleport players. I suggest you figure out what you had on you to replace it and I can help with that with my own materials. Other then that all I can say is soulbound, soulbound, soulbound.

3. Kron

Kron Member

Well my most important items are already soulbound as well as my bag, so I won't lose *all* that much. However, there still is a chance for not losing items. From what I can tell, an endercollector on the border of the claimed area that the hungry node is in *should* suck up all the items. Also, it seems a Botania magnet sucks up items at a higher priority than the Hungry Node. I'm going to go test this all in SP again, but assuming I'm right would anyone be willing to both set up an endercollector on the edge of my claim as well as equip a Botania magnet (in case the ender collector doesn't work)? I'm going to hop onto 1.8 and see if anyone on the server itself would be willing to help me out as well.

4. Kron

Kron Member

Ok, so using an Endercollector won't work, but using a Botania magnet will 100% work. Any chance you have one of those @Sniper3?

5. Sniper3

Sniper3 New Member

I do have one but I heard dork already helped you out of it.

6. Kron

Kron Member

Yes, he was really helpful and recovered almost all of my stuff :)

Any way to lock this thread since its useless now?

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    Kind of pathetic that you get owned by a game mechanic and you spend your time trying figure how to cheat. Way to go at failing.

8. Kron

Kron Member

Unknown.jpeg

Oh and BTW it isn't a game mechanic, as is denoted by the large emboldened text BUGS
    Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 5.09.07 PM 2.png

9. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    It is. If you unplug your monitor you can't blame it for causing you not to see. Just like if you install Optifine you are responsible and can't use it as an excuse.

10. Axsel

Axsel New Member

Related question: Am I responsible for these types of bugs if I install optifine via your server-sponsored Client Addons & Configs pack?

11. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
    We are not responsible for any bugs when it comes to modded Minecraft. There is 1000's of them and most we can't do anything about. If you die to a bug it happens. It has happen to me many times but I just live with it. Part of the game in a sense.

12. Togy

Togy Supporter

• Supporter
    an argument? on the internet? say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

13. ElectroBot

ElectroBot Moderator

• Administrator
    TURTLES!!!

14. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
    • Administrator
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.